a member and use this logo to show your clients that you and your
company have taken the steps to become a part of this new “green”
MEMBERSHIP IN GEC IS OPEN TO EVERYONE
Representation- A full-time staff represents you
in and monitors actions by the Legislature, regulators and the courts
Credibility & Prestige – GEC members are
part of an organization recognized by the Administration, Legislature
and the media as advocates of renewable energy choices. Using the
logo and letterhead, in your advertising, signifies to the public
and other consumers that your product or service is committed to promoting
“GREEN” business practices.
Education - Seminars on emerging issues and programs
offered at the Economic Recovery Summit series comprise the GEC comprehensive
member education opportunities.
- Communication - The GEC is consistently your best source of information
on legislation and regulation affecting the green community. If you
make your living in the industry, you can't afford not to be a member.
- Recognition - The GEC awards program honors outstanding achievement
and service. GEC Company of the Year and other awards are presented
- Members must abide by the bylaws and Code of Ethics of the GEC
- Members must pay for all events prior to attendance of the function
- A student member as well as a non green member may not serve on the
Board of Directors of the GEC but may hold chair on any committee
CODE OF ETHICS
AS A MEMBER OF THE GREEN ENERGY COUNCIL, I BELIEVE AND AFFIRM THAT:
Utilizing renewable energy and green design should
be affordable to every American family.
Every consumer is entitled to become a better steward
of the environment by utilizing green practices.
- All new development should be designed to be sustainable with sound,
environmental and community planning.
TO ACHIEVE THESE GOALS, I SHALL ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES AND
- Honesty, integrity and fair business practices are my guiding business
- Concern for the environment shall be built into all development and
- Providing products and services consistent with the standards required
by the GEC and at reasonable cost to the consumer through encouragement
of research and development of new “Green” materials, building
techniques and products.
- I have read and understand the by-laws of the Green Energy Council
I and/or my company undertake these responsibilities mindful that
they are part of my obligation as a member of the Green Energy Council
REASONS TO JOIN GEC TODAY: